Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Japan 15-30 December 2023

yashdeeps
yashdeeps
10 months ago
6 responses

Hi,

We are family of 4 - 3 adults +1 child (13 years old) travelling to Narita on 15/12. Our itinerary is as follows:

16/12/2023 Day 1 - Narita to hotel in Shinjuku
17/12/2023 Day 2 - Shinjuku - Fish (Tsujiki) market; Shibuya crossing; Ebisu for food; Ginza, Hamarikyu Garden, Tokyo Skytree
18/12/2023 Day 3 - Shinjuku - Nikko day trip. Shinjuku - Pancake breakfast, samurai museum,
19/12/2023 Day 4 - Shinjuku - Asakusa walking tours; Mt Fuji day trip, Sewnsoji Temple, Tokyo National Museum, Ueno Park, Hantei restaurant dinner
20/12/2023 Day 5 - Shinjuku - undecided, Studio Ghibli
21/12/2023 Day 6 - Shinjuku to Kyoto - Shinkansen - Nara - Todaiji temple; nara deer park, hotel undecided
22/12/2023 Day 7 - Kyoto. Kyoto - fushimi inari shrine; kinkaku-ji, BIC camera shop, Happy Pancakes shop, higashiyama dinner in Pontocho Dori (geisha town)
23/12/2023 Day 8 - Kyoto - Osaka (regular train return) - osaka castle garden; shinsaibashi shopping; Dotonbori for food, Sumiyoshi Taisha shrine, walk thro Shinsaibaishisuji
24/12/2023 - Day 9 - Kyoto - undecided local train/bus travel within Kyoto
25/12/2023 - Day 10 - Kyoto - undecided local train/bus travel within Kyoto
26/12/2023 - Day 11 - Kyoto - Onsen, local train/bus travel within Kyoto
27/12/2023 - Day 12- Kyoto to Hiroshima Shinkansen - Hop on hop off bus free with JR pass
28/12/2023 - Day 13 - Hiroshima - Okonomimura (okonomiyaki); Itsukushima Shrine; Peace Dome & museum; Onsen bath
29/12/2023 - Day 14 - Hiroshima to Narita Shinkansen - local train/bus travel around Narita, train to hotel
30/12/2023 - Day 15 - Narita to airport by train

Could you please advise what would be best type of JR/rail passes would be best for us? We may take an extra day in Shinjuku and day less in Kyoto, but this is roughly the main itinerary.

My 2 sons may also wish to do a few things independently of my wife and myself so that flexibility would be good.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your advice.

Regards,

Yash

Daniel-san
18892 posts
10 months ago
Expert

Hi Yash,

I would highly recommend a 14-day JR Pass for your trip (at the current pricing), you can make good savings and the pass will cover the far majority of your travel plans. The pass will also give you the flexibility that you are looking for, as you can travel when and where you (or your sons) may want to go.

Kind regards,
Daniel

yashdeeps
yashdeeps
6 posts
10 months ago

Thanks a lot, Daniel
I’m trying to book the 14 day JR pass on the website, but it will not allow me to enter a date for use mid Dec 2023. This is on account of the 3 month limit. The website says the date does not need to be exact. Shall I book by entering 30 Nov (the latest date possible to book) and then validate it in December whilst in Japan?

Daniel-san
18892 posts
10 months ago
Expert

You could book it now, but please write out staff ([email protected]) your exchange date in Japan, so we can issue your pass at the right time.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $327.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17674 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes