Order Your JRPass
Back to Itinerary check

Itinerary Check

Tom Boyd
Tom Boyd
3 months ago
1 answer

Hi there,

My wife and I are travelling across Japan in August of this year and wanted to see if the JR Pass would save us money based on our itinerary which is as follows:

• Fly into Narita Airport on 10th Aug, travel to Shibuya district of Tokyo, sightseeing across Tokyo until August 14th including a day trip to Hakone to see Mt Fuji on August 12th.
  • Travel from Tokyo to Kyoto on August 14th, a week in Kyoto sightseeing stopping in the Higashiyama district until August 19th
  • Travel to Osaka on 19th August (again sightseeing for 3 days)
  • Travel to Hiroshima on 23rd (2 days sightseeing)
  • Travel to Hiroshima Airport on 25th

We plan to use public transport to get around in all locations as well

I was looking at the 14 day pass as the best option, do you think this is advisable and will be cost-effective?

Thanks!

Alexis
Alexis
865 posts
3 months ago
Expert

Hi there,

For your itinerary it is likely to be more cost-effective to purchase your tickets individually, considering the fact that you’ll be spending long periods of time sightseeing in cities rather than inter-city travelling. Although our site doesn’t sell it as trains to Hakone are privately (rather than JR) operated, it’s worth looking into a Hakone FreePass, which covers the round trip from Odawara as well as all local transport links in Hakone.

Hope this helps!

Alexix

Looking for more information? Search the forum

Select Category

Instant Quote

Starting from $368.00 for 7 days of unlimited Japan Rail travel

Can’t find the answer?

Learn from over 17853 questions about the Japan Rail Pass, or ask our Japan Rail travel experts

Ask Question

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Get pocket Wifi in Japan

Visit us on Facebook

Get inspired for your visit to Japan by following us on Instagram and don't forget your own shots once you are there.

Find out where to buy the japan rail pass online.

Order your JRPass Now!

We have special prices for children and great first class options. See all tickets or see our range of Regional Passes